शनिवार, 30 जनवरी 2010

HERO MY ALL ROUNDER - CHAPTER 1

June 13th 1999, Day Sunday, Time 5 p.m.,
Place Allahabad (U.P)

It had been a very enjoyable Sunday for me as dad had played cricket with me with my plastic bat and ball in the morning. I, JIMMY, was just about five years old then. After a good nap post lunch my dad, CAPTAIN, my mom, HELEN and myself were on our evening walk in the colony where we lived. It had rained in the afternoon and had left signs of it on the road making it a bit slippery.

The weather was very pleasant with a good cool breeze .We could hear birds chirping and flying back to their nests. We had walked about a kilometer away from our house and were about to turn back for return walk to our house when suddenly we heard a very loud sound at a 20-meter distance ahead of us.

We could see a white Maruti 800 car stopped in the middle of the road and as we were approaching the place from where sound came we could see the Car speed away. A mother and a baby were crossing the road and had got crushed on the spot, by the same white Maruti Car.

Surprising though it was, there was no usual crowd gathering around the accident spot. On close observation we saw that the mother had died but the baby had survived. The baby was so small that it had no clue as to what had happened.

I was very nervous, as though, I was the reason of a mother and baby separation. I was staring at the scene helplessly. I noticed my parents were a bit unconcerned like many others who walked / motored past the scene. I slowly walked towards the baby who by then had moved a distance away from the dead mother and I lifted the baby in my arms.

The baby had very innocent eyes and white snowy hairs all over his body. The small puppy took out his tongue and started licking my hand and in a jerk I dropped the puppy. The puppy was lying still looking into my eyes. I looked towards my parents, deep into their eyes, looking for a possible option of taking the puppy with us. My parents were very kind hearted. My mom just blinked which I could understand meant yes. I jumped into the air with joy.

We brought the puppy home and named it HERO. Immediately I brought my old feeding bottle and gave it to my mom to fill it with milk, which she promptly did. HERO was very hungry and he fully emptied the milk bottle and slept in my lap. I brought my mattress and put HERO to sleep on it . I covered him with my bed sheet.

...CONTINUED

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें