शनिवार, 30 जनवरी 2010

HERO MY ALL ROUNDER - CHAPTER 4

Hero’s desire to learn new things was increasing by the day and so was my curiosity to teach him new things as this was helping me also in learning how to teach new skill to someone who had very little idea of these skills.

I was very fond of computer games and particularly enjoyed playing “ROAD RASH “ a motorbike racing game. HERO always used to sit next to me and keep observing me play the games.

It was Saturday and I was watering the flowerpots at home when HERO came to me and started persuading me to come inside the house. I was not keen to go inside immediately but HERO pulled me to the computer room by softly catching my shorts in his mouth. When I reached the computer room I saw that already the PC was switched on and ROAD RASH game was open in it. I thought my mom would have switched it on but I remembered that my mom had gone to the market to fetch vegetables leaving behind HERO and me.

I saw HERO was shaking his head, I asked him “ HERO did you switch on the PC “, and he answered with a positive shake of his head. I could see desire in Hero’s eyes to learn the game. I wondered how could I teach a computer game to HERO but then I decided to at least give it a try. I made HERO sit on a chair next to me and first told him about the various functions on the keyboard in use for this game viz the arrow keys, enter key and insert key. First I made HERO press the enter key which made the game ready and slowly started hand holding him on the game.

After about one week of teaching finally the moment came when HERO started playing the game from start to end, it was a very satisfying moment for me. In first full game his rank in race came 12th. HERO never liked defeat and he kept on trying and finally after about two months HERO achieved the 1st rank in race. HERO and myself were very happy that day. We put on the music and danced and celebrated the success. This day I realised that HERO is capable of learning anything and I can teach him everything , I just need to be patient.

Hero’s success in learning Road rash had motivated me beyond bounds to teach him more and more new things. Those days I was learning some tunes on Keyboards and one of the tunes was birthday song. It was 3rd June and two months from now was my sixth birthday and I had the desire that HERO should play birthday song on keyboard that day.

First day when I started playing keyboards, HERO did not show any interest and went onto the computer. Then I decided to take Dad’s help. Dad made HERO sit next to him and I played Birthday song on the keyboard for about two hours, repeating the same tune again and again.

....CONTINUED

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें