शनिवार, 30 जनवरी 2010

HERO MY ALL ROUNDER - CHAPTER 16

After one month on 15th August , Independence Day Celebration , Police honoured HERO and his friends by giving medals for their bravery.

Now Hero’s training had successfully ended and he had become full-fledged police personnel doing his regular duties. In daily routine HERO used to do something or the other out of the ordinary. Karan uncle used to regularly give us update on Hero’s work.

We used to feel very happy and proud whenever anyone praised HERO.HERO had now become a very smart and mentally strong police person.

By now HERO had spent two and a half years in police. HERO was almost like human being it’s just that he could not speak.

It was 13th May today and I was telling dad that after one month Hero’s fifth birthday is coming. I requested dad that this year we will again celebrate Hero’s birthday like his first birthday as the between birthday’s could not be celebrated. I started the planning for his birthday and this time apart from dad’s and my friends we had to call Hero’s friends from the police as well. After discussing all this I left for school, dad for office and HERO to his police station. Mom was busy in her work at home.

At about 2 pm after finishing all the work mom was watching TV. While surfing through the channels she got hooked on to the news channel. She got very worried after seeing the breaking news. Some hard-core terrorist had entered our city. They had captured my school and a hospital next to my school. This area was in Hero’s police station circle.

There were about 15 terrorists. Ten battalions of police were rushed to the spot. HERO was also in it. As Hero’s battalion was crossing my school and going towards the hospital, HERO stood his ground near the school. Karan uncle was on duty and in charge of the operation. He understood the reason of HERO standing near the school. Karan uncle left HERO near the school and took the other staff towards the hospital.

Terrorists were asking police to release some 5 very hard-core terrorists who were in police custody. They were saying if police takes any step towards capturing them they would blast off the school. Police was making its plan. All the students in the school, teachers and principal were very scared. I was seeing through the window of my class when I noticed HERO. Somewhere I had a feeling that if HERO is there something good will happen and we will be definitely saved.

By now parents of a number of students had reached the school and were standing outside at a distance. Police was pushing the parents behind and requesting them to maintain calm.

Peter was also in Hero’s battalion. HERO requested Peter to come in civil dress. Peter understood what HERO was saying and changed himself to civil dress. Hero slowly crawled like snake to the back door of the school. That door opened in the bathroom of the school. By now it had become evening and it was getting dark. HERO noticed that a terrorist was standing there with a machine gun in his hands. HERO swiftly jumped and caught the terrorist by his neck, Peter immediately knocked down the terrorist by hitting him with the butt of his gun. Now HERO and Peter had reached inside the school. They were slowly moving towards the Principal’s office where one terrorist was sitting.

HERO saw me in the room where we were kept captive. All the children were put in one room and six terrorists were guarding us. HERO pointed at me to Peter.

Peter asked him to be quiet. They both reached the Principal’s office and knocked down the terrorist in the room from behind. Now Peter and HERO along with the Principal were moving towards our room. Principal was holding gun of the terrorist.

HERO and Peter both were crawling towards the room. At this time one of the terrorist noticed Peter and came out of the room. Peter tried to catch him but he started firing. Peter also started firing and listening this the other five terrorists also ran outside the room. On hearing gun shots other police personnel also jumped from various sides and reached inside. HERO was also firing with a machine gun. HERO ran through everybody’s legs with a gun in hand and entered our room. One terrorist noticed this and was about to fire at HERO when his sharp eyes noticed this and before he could press the trigger Hero’s bullet had hit him on his hands and his gun fell down. By now HERO had run out of bullets in his hand. One terrorist took aim at HERO, HERO jumped towards him to catch his wrist but mid air the bullet hit him on his tummy. HERO fell on the ground. My eyes got filled with tears on seeing what happened in front of my eyes. On seeing this Peter fired in series killing two terrorists and police caught the other three terrorists. I rushed towards HERO and took him in my arms. HERO was breathing fast. Peter pulled HERO from my arms and started running towards the hospital but Hero’s head had fallen aside. Peter cried loudly and told me “Jimmy, HERO is no more “.

I fell down unconscious on the ground. All the children were safe and their parents were thanking HERO and Peter for it. When I regained my consciousness I was at home. HERO was put on floor covered with white cloth. Our house was full of police and other people. All were standing and admiring HERO. The entire news channels were telecasting this with mention of Hero’s bravery.

But now HERO was no more. Hero’s last rites were done with full police honour. He was called a martyr as he had died saving life of many civilians.

Today is 13th June. Police had arranged a function to honour police personnel who had shown bravery in fighting the terrorists and saving life of many. Karan uncle had invited us also. When Hero’s name was announced for special medal everyone stood up from their seats. My eyes were full of tears. Mom asked me to go on stage and receive the medal. As I was receiving the medal, I was thinking to myself that Hero’s birth as an animal is much better than those human being whom we call Terrorist, human beings who are enemies of society.

We were slowly walking back to our Car after the ceremony, when my foot touched something. As I looked down I saw a small puppy there. I lifted the puppy in my hand and wondered, …"Will he become my HERO ”.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें